The next few days are going to be hectic for me.
First off, the kids are having their school holidays (it’s almost over, by the way) and we’re going off somewhere tomorrow that has horses in the programme, thereby ruling out the possibility of taking my laptop along.
Then I’m flying again on Sunday, this time to Capetown. Just when I’ve finally cleared off all the backlog that piled up during my recent trip to Amsterdam, including that small matter that involved outdoor furniture.
Oh, and speaking of my recent trip, I just want to clarify that I didn’t manage to go to Brugge (a.k.a. Bruges), as originally planned. I went to Antwerp instead, where I sought a comic book shop, of all things.
In the coming days (weeks?), I’ll be writing about quite a number of things:-
– CitizenM Amsterdam City Hotel, a hip and hi-tech funky hotel in Amsterdam
– Ter Driezen Hotel in Turnhout, Belgium, whose origins can be traced back to the 1830’s
– The Indonesian-Dutch language connection, with proof in photographs
– Royal Selangor Visitor Centre, where the kids and I saw the largest tankard in the world, certified by the Guinness Book of Records
– A Special Stop At Mekanik Comic Book Shop in Antwerp
– Whirlwind Walking Tour of Antwerp’s City Centre
– Flying Long-Haul With Singapore Airlines
Just so you know what’s in store. And to whet your appetites a bit, given that I’ll be away for almost a week ;)
Of course, by the time I get back from Capetown next week, I’ll have thousands more of photos to sift through and tonnes of news and information to blog about.
In the meantime, please pray for a safe trip for DH and me!